We’re Sharing our Top 5 Picks!
The Mother Tongues Festival is around the corner and we’re bursting with excitement. We’ve got our internet connection, a cup of tea and are ready to rock!
Sadly, we’ve spent the start of 2021 in the confines of our own homes, binging on films, books, home-schooling our little ones and listening to some of our favourite songs on repeat. So, we asked the Mother of Tongue Festival’s friends and team to share their Top 5 (or more!) Favourites list with us.
The response of our Director, Francesca La Morgia, was very interesting, as she chose to share her Top 5 Live Experiences.
“It’s been over 12 months since I attended my last live event with a large crowd, so this list is a throwback to the most magical live moments I have experienced! Each one of them is a very special memory from the last 20 years.”
- Nils Frahm at the National Concert Hall in 2018. Hard to describe the feeling you get when you see Nils Frahm live for the first time!
- Womad in Charlton Park in July 2014. The first time I went to a world music festival with two babies and a tent! Enjoyed every moment, every smell, sound and movement!
- Ceiliúradh in March 2014 | Royal Albert Hall, London. The first time I felt Irish culture belonged to me too and that Michael D was my president.
- Happy Days with Fiona Shaw at the Abbey Theatre in 2008. Hard to forget this performance, I can’t see Fiona Shaw without immediately being transported to that night.
- Lenny Kravitz in Milan for the Lenny Tour in 2002. The first time I travelled miles and miles to a concert, slept on the floor of a friend’s house, waited hours to pick the best spot. So, the usual stuff you do when you are a genuine fan! I still remember the excitement of seeing Lenny Kravitz live!
Whether you just want to know a bit more about what the Mother Tongues team has been listening to and watching or you’re just in the mood for something new, access our playlists on Spotify, IMDB, and Goodreads and add them to your own libraries. We will also post the team lists on our social media, so be sure to follow us!
We’re counting the days to the Mother Tongues Festival 2021! To stay updated on all the events & news, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter too!